Saturday, January 7, 2012

Good Thing I Wore My Running Shoes

Getting home for Christmas started off a little rough. First, the Air Tran dropped me off at a terminal that was under construction so I followed the sign that led me outside and across the street. Then the airport workers directed me up a hill behind baggage claim on a wild hunt for Delta Airlines. I finally found Delta International, where they almost didn't let me check in claiming that I was too late. It took 50 minutes but I was able to convince the supervisor that it was the airport's fault so he finally printed my boarding pass and told me to run, not walk, because not only did I need to get to my gate, but my gate was in a completely different terminal and my flight was scheduled to leave in ten minutes. Let's just say that if running through an airport with a suitcase, a bag, and a purse is ever an Olympic event- I will win the gold medal!


My first morning there I took a stroll by the ocean:)


Made it home in time to attend the Annual Rose/Haggerton/Martinez/Meyers/Sullivan/Cox/Krutsinger Christmas Party. A night of family, food, and holiday fun that leaves lasting memories in my mind and my heart. This event started my trip off and set the tone for the remainder of my stay. It was a week of family fun, while somewhat hectic at times, was just what I needed. I didn't get to see everyone I had hoped to but was able to sneak away from the kiddos on a couple of occasions to catch up with friends. After a long day of Christmas shopping, I found myself at El Tarasco at 2am with Tommy and Jules. Nights like that definitely make me miss living in the South Bay and I'll cherish those moments forever. I was also able to meet the newest member of the Johnson family, Sienna Lilly, Marisa and Dan's baby girl that is already six months old. I hate not being a bigger part of her life but love that I receive pictures on a regular basis.






Nolan was the winner of the present game and had to get his prize from Papa

 It's Christmas at Papa's y'all;)



Marina rocking her birthday and Christmas gifts from Auntie Jamie


Me and Baby Silly- short for Sienna Lilly:)

 Such a great Dad! 




No comments:

Post a Comment